By MayaAlbert at 16:46 on 29/10/13
0 comments... add your comments below
Two-day free Youth-focused Mental Health First Aid course
The course is aimed at anyone 16 years old and and over who is interested in the mental health of young people, including people with mental health problems, their carers and family, and at people who may come across young people with emotional or mental health problems in the course of their work.
Our next course takes place on 7th,14th, 21st, 28th january at 45 White Lion Street London, N1 9PW). The course runs from 18:00 a.m. to 21:00 p.m. each day.
Mental Health First Aid courses (both youth and adult focused) take place until the end of March 2014 at venues around Islington. They are free for anyone who lives, studies, works or volunteers in Islington. The courses are run by the national charity Rethink Mental Illness in partnership with Islington Council Public Health Team.
This youth-focused course equips you with practical skills and background knowledge to assist young people experiencing emotional distress or mental illness. All participants receive a certificate and manual.
Some of the topics covered are:
• What's mental health?
• The five steps of mental health first aid
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• Anxiety disorders
• Self harm
• Eating disorders
People who are trained in Mental Health First Aid can help to:
• Comfort someone with a mental health problem
• Help to stop a mental health problem becoming more serious
• Preserve life where a person may be a danger to themselves or others
• Promote the recovery of good mental health
• Raise awareness of mental health issues in the community
• Reduce stigma and discrimination about mental health
To book a place on this course or to check future dates and venues, please go to: rethink.org/islingtonmhfa or call 0300 5000 927
Date: Tuesday, January 07, 2014
FREE Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
Youth Mental Health First Aid